December 22, 2011

a recipe for a better day

Sometimes it's hard to stay positive, especially when people you know, neighbors, and people you don't even know are verbally attacking you. So how do you stay positive? Well, here's how I do it. (Or attempt to do it.)
  • I think about my good, close friends and all the fun, ridiculous times we've spent together. (Facebook's new Activity Log is actually a pretty good way to do that!)
  • I take care of myself - go running, make a good dinner, or go to bed early.
  • I treat myself to a little pick me up - nice piece of chocolate, cold beer, lunch with a friend.
  • If I feel like I need to vent or say something to someone, I write it in my journal first, or think about what exactly I would say. (And depending on the situation, follow through and actually talk with the person.)
  • I look through photos, read a good book or watch a movie. Anything to think about something completely different.
  • I listen to ridiculous music and sing along. And dance. Like a buffoon. 
Here's to hoping that your bad days are few and far between!





No comments:

Post a Comment